Data Management Plans / Project Proposals
Data management plans are often required in project proposals. They describe systematically how you will handle your research data, i.e. storage, maintenance, and processing of your data.
The following aspects have to be considered:
- Project description / context (cooperations, project affiliation, specifications of the awarding authority / funder)
- Type of data (formats, tools, software, scope)
- Documentation (metadata standards)
- Timeline (period of data storage, specifications of the funders)
- Archiving (physical location, persistent identifier)
- Licenses (reuse of the data)
More detailed information can be found at forschungsdaten.info.
Training and Teaching
Training modules for research data management are currently being developed in cooperation with partners from the nine leading Universities of Technology in Germany (TU9 Alliance) and within the framework of the EUCOR network.